LAEN is launching a Communications Team + Strategy for 2019 which will have teams working on LAEN’s Newsletter, Social Media and Web Content, as well as a new quarterly Journal highlighting our communities’ lived experiences and work.
LAEN Newsletter gets sent out about once a month and provides updates on LAEN, Latin America Organizations, School Board, and access to our Google Drive which is updated almost daily with new opportunities and events in our community!!!! Click Here to Sign Up for Our Newsletter Today!!!
LAEN’s Communications Team + Strategy will serve the community by:
- Sharing events + opportunities to stay connected as a community
- Distributing critical information as needed
- Highlighting + providing marketing space for people doing great work in our communities
- Providing information re: community supports, work + volunteer opportunities
- Creating a platform for youth, educators + community members to excel through contributions to LAEN publications and/or volunteering for the Communications Team where they have the opportunity to build capacity in communications planning, writing, editing, media/graphics creation + publishing
- Creating inclusive, diverse, culturally-relevant + accessible mediums for our community to share their work and lived experiences, whether that is through research, articles, or art forms such as poetry, short stories/reflections, + visual art
How can you support this initiative?
Our Communications Team is made up of three working groups. It will be volunteer-based to start and include honorariums pending funding in 2019. Volunteer your time or encourage youth, educators + community members to volunteer in one of the following teams:
Newsletter Team – organizes content + prepares the monthly newsletter
Social Media + Website Team – connects LAEN members + creates engaging content, communicates with Newsletter Team to share events + opportunities on social platforms
Journal + Publications Team –visions, plans, + organizes quarterly journal publications, supports grant writing to help fund all Communications Team efforts, creates opportunities for youth collaboration + contribution through organizing creative workshops
To volunteer, email email@example.com for details or submit an application HERE
CONTRIBUTE CONTENT + IDEAS
LAEN welcomes content contributions in the form of research or editorial articles, art, creative writing, photography + more! We also encourage community members to email us with ideas for our Communications Team or to share events, opportunities, + other information that you would like us to distribute to the wider community.
To make this initiative accessible + inclusive, we would like to offer honorariums to content contributors + to the teams behind the magic. We also need funds for printing hard copies of the LAEN Journal + Newsletter so that they can be distributed within our communities.
You can support us by donating to LAEN and/or sharing this page. To make a donation contact firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also come out to our fundraiser party: DATE To Be Announced!
JOIN OUR MAILING LIST + SHARE
Spread the word with youth, students, educators, + community members in your circles!